Broad Peak 8047m
- Trekking Days:55
- Trip Grade:Challenging
- Max. Altitude:8047m
- Min. Altitude:1335m
- Walking per day:4-6 hours
- Accomodation :Hotel / Camping
- Trek Nature:Expedition
- Best Season:Summer
- Group Size:2+
Broad Peak 8047m Expedition with HImalayan Alpine Adventure is one of the four 8000 meter peaks in Pakistan. Broad Peak is located in a tight cluster in the upper reaches of the Baltoro Glacier, which is the principal access to that part of the Karakorum. Mount Broad Peak has the distinction of being in the same valley as the popular Mount K2. Broad Peak is one of the most spectacular peaks in the world.
Well, the Broad Peak Base Camp is just a short 2 hour walk away from Concordia. Actually Concordia is a picturesque site of highway interchange where several glaciers merge into the Baltoro. Interestingly, the Broad Peak Base Camp is just a couple hours from K2 Base Camp. Broad Peak is so named for the immense bulk of the Peak. Broad Peak is locally known as Falchen Kangri which means Omnipotent.
The climb to Broad Peak will not be especially steep, but the remoteness of the setting will make this an especially rewarding experience for every nature lover and adventure seeker travelers. During the climb, we will be setting up three camps on the mountain beyond base camp. Our route to the summit involves the climb through a rock gully to Camp I 6000m and then by following a large snow face, we reach Camp II 6500m and final Camp III 7200m. This will help you for proper acclimatization with the high altitude. We make the summit from Camp III.
We start this expedition with the briefing and government formalities in Islamabad. Then, we fly to the mountain village called Skardu. Actually, Skardu is the parting point of civilization where we will be accommodated in a hotel. We then follow the drive to Askole which is the last village of the valley. Well, Askole is the beginning of the trek to the base camp and each night we camp out as we travel up the valley with our Balti porters. We then climb the respective camps we have set up to scale the summit.
Note: This expedition price will vary depending on the group size, duration and services required.Please contact us with your detail to obtain a quote.
Day 01: Arrival at Islamabad
Day 02: Islamabad: Briefing at Ministry of Tourism
Day 03: Fly to Skardu or Drive to Chilas
Day 04: Chilas/Skardu
Day 05: Drive to Askole (3000m)
Day 06-12: Trek to Broad Peak Base Camp
Day 13-47: Climbing period of Broad Peak
Day 48-51: Trek back to Hushe via Gondogoro La and back to Skardu
Day 52: Fly to Islamabad or Drive to Chilas
Day 53: Rest Day at Islamabad
Day 54: Farewell Meeting at Islamabad
Day 55: Final Departure
- Day 01: Arrival at Islamabad
Upon your arrival at Islamabad, our representatives from Himalayan Alpine Adventure will receive you at the airport and transfer you to the hotel.
- Day 02: Islamabad: Briefing at Ministry of Tourism
Today, we will visit the Ministry of Tourism Pakistan for the briefing about rules, regulations and safety measures during the expedition. In the remaining time, we will explore around the Islamabad city. Well, situated at the foot of Marghalla Hills, Islamabad is the modern city and the capital of Pakistan. We stay overnight at hotel.
- Day 03: Fly to Skardu or Drive to Chilas
Today, we catch our morning flight to Skardu. And in case of flight cancellation, we drive to Chilas. Actually, the journey on the Karakoram Highway is the most adventurous and thrilling. We stay overnight at hotel.
- Day 04: Chilas/Skardu
Today we will have a free day at Skardu. Or, if we are driving, it takes approx. Eight hours to reach Skardu. We enjoy the best views of Nanga Parbat on the way. We stay overnight at hotel.
- Day 05: Drive to Askole (3000m)
From Skardu, we drive to Askole today and it takes approx. Seven hours to reach there. We stay overnight at hotel.
- Day 06-12: Trek to Broad Peak Base Camp
During this period, we trek to Broad Peak Base Camp from Askole.
- Day 13-47: Climbing period of Broad Peak
Well, this is the climbing period of Broad Peak. We will set up many advanced camps beyond the base camp for the proper acclimatization during the climb. After finally scaling the Broad Peak, we return back to the Broad Peak Base Camp again, where we stay overnight at tented camp.
- Day 48-51: Trek back to Hushe via Gondogoro La and back to Skardu
During this period, we trek back to Hushe from Broad Peak Base Camp. We will be passing through the Gondogoro La pass on the way back to Hushe. From Hushe, we drive back to Skardu where we stay overnight at hotel.
- Day 52: Fly to Islamabad or Drive to Chilas
Today, we fly Islamabad from Skardu. Or in case of flight cancellation, we drive to Chilas. We stay overnight at hotel.
- Day 53: Rest Day in Islamabad
Today will be the rest day in Islamabad. Or in case of driving, we complete the road from Chilas to Islamabad. We stay overnight at the hotel.
- Day 54: Farewell Meeting in Islamabad
As our trip comes to an end today, we will join the farewell meeting at Islamabad, We stay overnight at hotel.
- Day 55: Final Departure
You will be catching your returning flight to hometown from Islamabad. We will accompany you to the airport.
Broad Peak expedition cost includes:
- Mt Broad peak expedition climbing permit fee.
- Four night hotel in Islamabad on B/B basis
- Three night Hotel in Skardu on B/B basis
- Foods and accommodation during the trek to and from base camp.
- All the necessary Base camp camping and kitchen equipment.
- All necessary group climbing equipment such as Rope, snow bar, rock piton , ice screw and carabineer.
- Complete base camp foods and drinks at base camp during expedition.
- Complete high altitudes foods and drinks gas cooking sets.
- 5 liter poisk Russian oxygen 2 each clients and 1 each Sherpa or high altitude workers.
- Regulator and musk set for oxygen.
- Climbing Sherpa 2:1 ratio
- Pakistan visa fees and climbing royalty of Climbing Sherpa.
- Nepali cook for base camp and during trekking.
- Pakistani high altitude workers.
- Porters or donkey to carry the expedition equipment.
- liaison officer and Local guide in Pakistan.
- Islamabad to Skardu and Islamabad round air/bus ticket and cargo .
- Radio set for communication above base camp.
- Satellite phone with portable solar battery charger.
- Solar or generator for the light and to charge the camera batteries at base camp.
- Dinning tent, Kitchen tent, toilet tent, shower tent, and personal tent with mattress at base camp.
Cost does not includes:
- Personal Climbing equipment.
- Pakistan visa fees however we will support to obtain the visas providing necessary official documents from ministry of tourism of Pakistan.
- International air/ train ticket and cargo.
- Customs clearance of cargo.
- Travel insurance which includes evacuation.
- Major meal and drinks during Hotel stay in Islamabad and Skardu.
- Telephone, laundry alcohol bills.
- Tips to the workers.
- Successful summit bonus to the high altitudes workers.
- Emergency rescue by helicopter.
- Down jacket.
- Down Trouser.
- Glove for summit 2 pair.
- Normal gloves 3 pairs.
- Socks woolen 7-8 pairs.
- Climbing Boot.
- Trekking Boot.
- Ice Ax.
- Harness (Safety Belt)
- Jumar (Ascending Device)
- Eight Ring ( Descending device)
- Carabineer both screw gate or none screw gate.
- Snow gaiter.
- Wind proof suit.
- Sun Glass.
- Sun Cream.
- water bottle.
- Sleeping bag.
- Down suite for climbing.
- Head lamp with extra battery.
- Tooth brush and tooth paste.
- 100 liter duffel bag to put all the climbing equipment inside.
To climb high elevation peak good health condition and physical fitness is paramount criteria. The level of fitness required is proportional to peak elevation and route difficulties. To climb Broad peak you should have previous climbing experience on 7000m mountain in Himalaya with basic climbing skills and techniques.
0 Reviews on Broad Peak 8047m
Optionally add an image (JPEG only)