Gasherbrum I 8068m Expedition
- Trekking Days:52
- Trip Grade:Challenging
- Max. Altitude:8068
- Min. Altitude:1335m
- Walking per day:4-6 hrs
- Accomodation :Hotel / camping
- Trek Nature:Expedition
- Best Season:Summer / Winter
- Group Size:3+
Gasherbrum I 8068m Mountain literally means Beautiful Mountain and it has been also called Hidden Peak. Among six different Gasherbrum peaks, Gasherbrum I is the highest one. Gasherbrum I is the 11th highest peak in the world and 2nd highest in the Karakoram massif. Actually Gasherbrum is a remote group of high peaks in the Karakoram located at the northeast end of Baltoro Glacier 36 mile. American Expedition Team in 1958 made the first successful climb of Gasherbrum I. However, French Expedition Team made the first attempt in 1936.
The most common way to climb the Gasherbrum I peak is to attack on the western side and all routes here lead to the Japanese Couloir which is located on the top of northwest face. The snow face of the southwest ridge presents difficulties on ice and snow mixed faces once you reach above the plateau after the heavily crevasses Gasherbrum glacier. You will have great time during Gasherbrum I Expedition with Himalayan Alpine Adventure.
Note: This expedition price will vary depending on the group size, duration and services required.Please contact us with your detail to obtain a quote.
Day 01: Arrival at Islamabad
Day 02: Islamabad: Briefing at Ministry of Tourism
Day 03: Fly to Skardu or Drive to Chilas
Day 04: Chilas/Skardu
Day 05: Drive to Askole (3000m)
Day 06-14: Trek to Base Camp
Day 15-43: Gasherbrum I Climbing Period
Day 44-47: Trek back to Hushe via Gondogoro La and back to Skardu
Day 48: Drive from Hushe to Skardu
Day 49: Rest day at Skardu
Day 50: Drive from Skardu to Chilas
Day 51: Drive from Chilas to Islamabad
Day 52: Farewell Meeting at Islamabad
Day 53: Final Departure
- Day 01: Arrival at Islamabad
Upon your arrival at Islamabad, our representatives from Himalayan Alpine Adventure will receive you at the airport and transfer you to the hotel.
- Day 02: Islamabad: Briefing at Ministry of Tourism
Today, we will visit the Ministry of Tourism Pakistan for the briefing about rules, regulations and safety measures during the expedition. In the remaining time, we will explore around the Islamabad city. Well, situated at the foot of Marghalla Hills, Islamabad is the modern city and the capital of Pakistan. We stay overnight at hotel.
- Day 03: Fly to Skardu or Drive to Chilas
Today, we catch our morning flight to Skardu. And in case of flight cancellation, we drive to Chilas. Actually, the journey on the Karakoram Highway is the most adventurous and thrilling. We stay overnight at hotel.
- Day 04: Chilas/Skardu
Today we will have a free day at Skardu. Or, if we are driving, it takes approx. eight hours to reach Skardu. We enjoy the good views of Nanga Parbat on the way. We stay overnight at hotel.
- Day 05: Drive to Askole (3000m)
From Skardu, we drive to Askole today and it takes approx. seven hours to reach there. We stay overnight at hotel.
- Day 06-14: Trek to Base Camp
During this period, we trek to Gasherbrum I Base Camp from Askole.
- Day 15-43: Gasherbrum I Climbing Period
Well, this is the climbing period of Gasherbrum I. We will set up many advanced camps beyond the base camp for the proper acclimatization during the climb. After finally scaling the Gasherbrum, we return back to the Base Camp again, where we stay overnight at tented camp.
- Day 44-47: Trek back to Hushe via Gondogoro La and back to Skardu
During this period, we trek back to Hushe from Gasherbrum Base Camp. We will be passing through Gondogoro La pass on the way back to Hushe. From Hushe, we drive back to Skardu where we stay overnight at hotel.
- Day 48: Rest day at Skardu
Today, we will spend a leisure day at Skardu and explore around the village. We stay overnight at hotel.
- Day 49: Drive from Skardu to Chilas
Following the same route back to Chilas, we drive to Chilas from Skardu. We stay overnight at the hotel in Chilas.
- Day 50: Drive from Chilas to Islamabad
Today, we drive back from Chilas to Islamabad following the same highway back. We stay overnight at the hotel in Islamabad.
- Day 51: Farewell Meeting at Islamabad
As our trip comes to an end today, we will join the farewell meeting at Islamabad, We stay overnight at hotel.
- Day 52: Final Departure
You will be catching your returning flight to hometown from Islamabad. We will accompany you to the airport.
Mt Gesherbrum I Expedition Cost Includes:
- Mt Gesharbrum I Climbing Royalty fee.
- Environmental protection fee and road bridge crossing tax.
- Three night hotel on B/B in Islamabad.
- Two night Hotel on B/B basis in Skardu.
- Islamabad to Skardu and Islamabad round air/bus ticket and cargo.
- Liaison officer and Local English speaking guide.
- Foods and accommodation during trek to the Base camp and from Base camp to Sakrdu.
- Base camp foods and drinks.
- Dining Tent, Kitchen tent,. Shower tent, Toilet tent and store tent at base camp with one single personal
- tent with mattress.
- Climbing equipment , Fixed rope, main rope, snow bar, ice screw, carabineer, snow shovel and other
- necessary group climbing gear.
- High altitude food drinks gas and all the cooking materials during expedition above base camp.
- Solar or generator for the light at base camp and to charge the batteries.
- Nepali climbing Sherpa Guide 2:1 ratio.
- Oxygen and regulator musk set for emergency medical purpose only up to base camp.
- Radio set for the communication above base camp during climb.
- Satellite phone carried by guide.
- Porters and donkey to carry the expedition equipment.
- Base camp manager.
- Pakistan visa fees and climbing royalty of the Sherpa and his / her transportation.
- Wages bonus equipment and insurance of Sherpa, Porters, liaison officer and all entire base camp
- More than 8 years experienced base camp head cook with supporter.
Mt Gesharbrum I Expedition Cost does not Includes:
- Personal climbing equipment.
- Pakistan visa fee and International air/train ticket.
- Personal medical and accidental insurance.
- Emergency helicopter rescue service.
- Major meal and drinks during hotel stay in Islamabad and Sakardu.
- Tele phone, laundry, alcoholic drinks and tips to the workers.
- Summit bonus to the high altitude workers if successfully climbed the Peak.
- International cargo and customs clearance charge.
- International air / train ticket.
- Pakistan Visa extension fee.
- Other services which is not mentioned in above service inclusion.
- Down jacket.
- Down Trouser.
- Glove for summit 2 pair.
- Normal gloves 3 pairs.
- Socks woolen 7-8 pairs.
- Climbing Boot.
- Trekking Boot.
- Ice Ax.
- Harness (Safety Belt)
- Jumar (Ascending Device)
- Eight Ring ( Descending device)
- Carabineer both screw gate or none screw gate.
- Snow gaiter.
- Wind proof suit.
- Sun Glass.
- Sun Cream.
- water bottle.
- Sleeping bag.
- Down suite for climbing.
- Head lamp with extra battery.
- Tooth brush and tooth paste.
- 100 liter duffel bag to put all the climbing equipment inside.
To climb high elevation peak good health condition and physical fitness is paramount criteria. The level of fitness required is proportional to peak elevation and route difficulties. To climb Mt Gesharbrum I you should have previous climbing experience on 7000m mountain in Himalaya with basic climbing skills and techniques.
0 Reviews on Gasherbrum I 8068m Expedition