Mt K2 Expedition 8611m
- Trekking Days:61
- Trip Grade:Challenging
- Max. Altitude:8611m
- Min. Altitude:1335m
- Walking per day:4-6 hours
- Accomodation :Hotel / Camping
- Trek Nature:Expedition
- Best Season:Summer
- Group Size:3+
Mount K2 8611m is the second highest mountain in the world after Mount Everest 8848m. In fact, Mount K2 lies in the Karakoram Range and located on the border China and Pakistan. The local name of K2 is Chogori which in Balti language means the King of Mountains. Mount K2 is considered to be the mountain of mountains for The Mountaineers. It is thought by many climbers to be the ultimate climbing challenge.
The sheer icy summit of K2 is flanked by six equally steep ridges and each of its faces presents a maze of precipices and overhangs. In fact, K2 was long considered to be impossible to climb. All attempts in 1902, 1909, 1934, 1938, 1939, and 1953 were failed.
The traditional route to its base camp goes from Skardu, which is linked with Islamabad by a good road as well as by air. The route goes from Skardu via Shigar-Dassu-Askole up to Concordia over the Baltoro Glacier. Though this route has become one of the most common, by no means it’s straightforward as we have to negotiate steep snow slopes and very challenging rock steps over very open and exposed ground. The challenge includes the infamous Bottle Neck at around 8000m. There is the vertical height gain of 3500m from Base Camp to summit on which we aim to set up further five camps to support our ascent and acclimatization.
You will have a great time climbing Mount Himalayan Alpine Adventure Trek.
Note: This expedition price will vary depending on the group size, duration and services required.Please contact us with your detail to obtain a quote.
Day 01: Arrival at Islamabad
Day 02: Islamabad: Briefing at Ministry of Tourism
Day 03: Fly to Skardu or Drive to Chilas
Day 05: Drive to Askole (3000m)
Day 06-12: Trek to K2 Base Camp
Day 13-53: 40 days for acclimatization and climbing
Day 54-57: Trek back to Hushe via Gondogoro La and drive back to Skardu
Day Day 59: Rest day Islamabad
Day 60: Farewell Meeting at Islamabad
Day 61: Final Departure
58: Fly to Islamabad or Drive to Chilas
- Day 01: Arrival at Islamabad
Upon your arrival at Islamabad, our representative from Himalayan Alpine Adventure and expedition will receive you at the airport and transfer you to the hotel.
- Day 02: Islamabad: Briefing at Ministry of Tourism
Today, we will visit the Ministry of Tourism Pakistan for the briefing about the rules, regulations and safety measures during the expedition. In the remaining time, we will explore around the Islamabad city. Situated at the foot of Marghalla Hills, Islamabad is the modern city and the capital of Pakistan. We stay overnight at hotel.
- Day 03: Fly to Skardu or Drive to Chilas
Today, we catch our morning flight to Skardu. And in case of flight cancellation, we drive to Chilas. Actually, the journey on the Karakoram Highway is the most adventurous and thrilling. We stay overnight at hotel.
- Day 04: Chilas/Skardu
We will have a free day at Skardu. Or if we are driving, it takes approx. 7 to 8 hours to reach Skardu. We enjoy the best views of Nanga Parbat en route. We stay overnight at hotel.
- Day 05: Drive to Askole
From Skardu, we drive to Askole today and it takes approx. 7 hours to reach there. We stay overnight at hotel.
- Day 06-12: Trek to K2 Base Camp
During this period, we trek from Askole to K2 Base Camp.
- Day 13-53: 40 days for acclimatization and climbing
During this period of 40 days, we scale the summit ascending and acclimatizing at various camps. After the successful summiting, we return back to K2 Base Camp.
- Day 54-57: Trek back to Hushe via Gondogoro La and drive back to Skardu
During this period, we trek back to Hushe from K2 Base Camp via Gondogoro La pass. From the House, we drive back to Skardu. We stay overnight at hotel.
- Day 58: Fly to Islamabad or Drive to Chilas
Today, we fly Islamabad from Skardu. Or in case of flight cancellation, we drive to Chilas.
- Day 59: Rest day Islamabad/Drive to Islamabad
Today will be the rest day in Islamabad. Or in case of driving, we complete the road from Chilas to Islamabad. We stay overnight at the hotel.
- Day 60: Farewell Meeting in Islamabad
As our trip ends today, we will celebrate farewell meeting in Islamabad. We stay overnight at hotel.
- Day 61: Final Departure
You will be catching your returning flight from Islamabad to your hometown. We will accompany you to the airport.
Mt K2 Expedition Cost includes:
- Mt K2 expedition climbing permit fee.
- Four night hotel in Islamabad on B/B basis
- Three night Hotel in Skardu on B/B basis
- Foods and accommodation during the trek to and from base camp.
- All the necessary Base camp camping and kitchen equipment.
- All necessary group climbing equipment such as Rope, snow bar, rock piton , ice screw and carbineer.
- Complete base camp foods and drinks at base camp during expedition.
- Complete high altitudes foods and drinks gas cooking sets.
- 5 liter poisk Russian oxygen 3 each clients and 2 each Sherpa or high altitude workers.
- Regulator and musk set for oxygen.
- Climbing Sherpa 2:1 ratio
- Pakistan visa fees and climbing royalty of Climbing Sherpa.
- Nepali cook for base camp and during trekking.
- Pakistani high altitude workers.
- Porters or donkey to carry the expedition equipment.
- liaison officer and Local guide in Pakistan.
- Islamabad to Skardu and Islamabad round air/bus ticket and cargo .
- Radio set for communication above base camp.
- Satellite phone with portable solar battery charger.
- Solar or generator for the light and to charge the camera batteries at base camp.
- Dinning tent, Kitchen tent, toilet tent, shower tent, and personal tent with mattress at base camp.
Cost does not includes:
- Personal Climbing equipment.
- Pakistan visa fees however we will support to obtain the visas providing necessary official documents from ministry of tourism of Pakistan.
- International air/ train ticket and cargo.
- Customs clearance of cargo.
- Travel insurance which includes evacuation.
- Major meal and drinks during Hotel stay in Islamabad and Skardu.
- Telephone, laundry alcohol bills.
- Tips to the workers.
- Successful summit bonus to the high altitudes workers.
- Emergency rescue by helicopter.
- Down jacket.
- Down Trouser.
- Glove for summit 2 pair.
- Normal gloves 3 pairs.
- Socks woolen 7-8 pairs.
- Climbing Boot.
- Trekking Boot.
- Ice Ax.
- Harness (Safety Belt)
- Jumar (Ascending Device)
- Eight Ring ( Descending device)
- Carabineer both screw gate or none screw gate.
- Snow gaiter.
- Wind proof suit.
- Sun Glass.
- Sun Cream.
- water bottle.
- Sleeping bag.
- Down suite for climbing.
- Head lamp with extra battery.
- Tooth brush and tooth paste.
- 100 liter duffel bag to put all the climbing equipment inside.
To climb high elevation peak good health condition and physical fitness is paramount criteria. The level of fitness required is proportional to peak elevation and route difficulties. To climb Mt K2 you should have previous climbing experience on 8000m mountain with basic climbing skills and techniques.
0 Reviews on Mt K2 Expedition 8611m
Optionally add an image (JPEG only)