Mt Kanchenjunga Expedition 8,586m
- Trekking Days:53
- Trip Grade:Challenging
- Max. Altitude:8586
- Min. Altitude:1335
- Walking per day:6-7
- Accomodation :Camping
- Trek Nature:Expedition
- Best Season:spring / Autumn
- Group Size:2+
Kanchanjunga Expedition with Himalayan Alpine Adventure takes the travelers to the world’s most appreciation location of Mount Kanchanjunga which is known as the “Five Treasure of Snow” of the globe. This is the third most elevated peak of the world standing at the proud height of 8450 meters above sea level. This region of Mount Kanchanjunga is located at borders of Eastern Nepal and Sikkim. Mount kanchanjunga is made of five peak among them four of them are above 8450 meters and known as main summit, middle summit, south summit and web summit or yalung kang. This Himalayan region lies on Sikkim of india and taplejung district of Nepal where three peak lies on border and two peaks completely in Taplejung District of Nepal. Mount Kanchanjunga was the highest peak of the world till 1852 and was first ascended by British expediters. Kanchanjunga is the protected as Kanchanjunga conservation area project by WWF accompanied by government of Nepal and Kanchanjunga National Park by India where the region is home to regular flora-fauna along with endangered species of flora-faula like red panda and some solitary snow animals. On an open weather the Mountain Kanchanjunga looks like a white wall hanging from the sky which is a elegant and excellent natural beauty.
There various ways to access the kanchanjunga area via road link to Basantapur and another access by Taplejung bazaar having direct air plane link with Biratnagat. There is another fair road from Illam that traverses Milke Danda passing via forest of rich vegetation and rhododendrons.
There are four regular climbing routes to summit of Kanchanjunga with additional options for new routes from south and eastern side. The southern summit difficult to climb which western summit famed as Yalung Kang of 8420m is eligible as an independent summit. The Kanchanjunga expedition begins from the Kathmandu city taking a vehicle or air flight to Taplejung district of Nepal passing by Dandagaon and Mitlung till the Kanchanjunga Base Camp. The trekkers start climbing from the Base Camp of Kanchanjunga till they reach summit. The summit of Kanchanjunga has a prized view of surrounding peaks like Nupchu, Lhonak, Chichima, Gimsung, Pyramid, Kanchenjunga and Ramtang, Kumbhakarna (Jannu), Yamatari and Yalung glaciers and others. Trekking route of Kanchenjunga is exhausted by glacier originated rives of Tamur River mixed with Arun River below Mulghat.
The travelers after completing ascending the summit can travel their way back through the same route they came or they can take the alternative route of Selele, Milgin-La, Tseram ending in Taplejung from where they can fly back to Kathmandu.
Note: This expedition price will vary depending on the group size, duration and services required.Please contact us with your detail to obtain a quote.
Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu
Day 02: Preparation for the expedition & briefing
Day 03: Drive to Ilam, Phidim, Kabeli Khola to Camp
Day 04: Kabeli Khola to Sikaicha. Overnight in Camp
Day 05: Sikaicha to Khesewa. Overnight in Camp
Day 06: Khesewa to Mamankhe. Overnight in Camp
Day 07: Mamankhe to Yamphudin (1670m). Overnight in Camp
Day 08: Yamphudin to Chitre (Omje Khola). Overnight in Camp
Day 09: Chitre to Torongding. Overnight in Camp
Day 10: Torontan to Chairam. Overnight in Camp
Day 11: Tseram to Ramche. Overnight in Camp
Day 12: Ramche to Glacier. Overnight in Camp
Day 13: Glacier to Kanchenjunga Base Camp
Days 14-44: Climbing Period
Day 45: Base Camp to Ramche. Overnight in Camp
Day 46: Ramche to Amije Khola. Overnight in Camp
Day 47: Amije to Yamphudin to Khebang. Overnight in Camp
Day 48: Yamphudin to Khebang. Overnight in Camp
Day 49: Khewang to Panchami. Overnight in Camp
Day 50: Panchami to Ghopetar
Day 51: Ghopetar drive to Biratnagar and fly back to Kathmandu
Day 52: Kathmandu
Day 53: Final Departure
- All arrival and departure transfer services to and from airports, both Domestic and International, with other necessary surface transport (by A/C Vehicles) as per itinerary.
- Assistance at the International Airport by Himalayan Alpine Adventure Trek representatives while arriving and departing.
- Four nights’ accommodation in Kathmandu on B/B basis.
- 3 meals a day (Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner) with tea and coffee, along with available accommodation at hotels/ lodges/ guest houses / Tents for members and staff during the trek and climbing, on a twin sharing basis.
- One day sightseeing in Kathmandu (Swayambhunath, Pashupatinath, Boudhanath and Durbar Square).
- Local English speaking Tour Guide for sightseeing in Kathmandu.
- All necessary staff including experienced guide and porters during the trekking and climbing.
- Flights Kathmandu – Suketar – Kathmandu or land transportation.
- All trekking and camping equipment such as camp furniture, kitchenware, dining tent, guest tents, etc.
- Trekking permit and Kanchenjunga conservation entry fee.
- Expedition Royalty and permit of Nepal Government to climb Mt Kanchenjunga.
- One experienced, trained, Government licensed, and one times Kanchenjunga summiteer Climbing /Expedition Guide (Sherpa).
- All wages, equipment, medical and accident insurance for all staff involved in the trek and expedition.
- First aid medical kits for the group and staff.
- Satellite phone carried by Guide / Sherpa for communication and available for climbing members with the cost of US$.3 per unit call.
- Appropriate foods for high altitudes and all climbing crew at base camp and above as required.
- Each expedition member will have an individual tent available in the base camp.
- Solar panel for light and battery charger.
- All tents for camps 1, 2, 3, 4 and climbing equipment.
- 2 Oxygen bottles (4l) with mask and regulator (if requested by client).
- Free assistance service for cargo clearance and duties.
- Company service charge and government taxes levied in Nepal.
- Complete pre-departure information, flight ticket reconfirmation and Visa extension procedure services (if necessary).
- Farewell Dinner in a typical Nepali restaurant.
- International air ticket and airport tax.
- Nepal Visa charge.
- Personal climbing equipment.
- Personal travel insurance must includes emergency evacuation.
- Items of personal nature, Laundry expenses, Tips.
- Lunch and dinner during your stay in Kathmandu (except for the farewell dinner).
- Expenses incurred towards usage of landlines, mobile, Walkie-talkies or satellite phone and internet expenses.
- Any extra expenses arising out of various /unforeseen situations such as natural calamities, landslide, political disturbances, strikes, changes in government regulation etc.
- Transportation is strictly as per the itinerary. Any extra distance travelled will be charged extra.
- Any additional staff other than specified.
- Rescue, Repatriation, Medicine, Medical test and hospitalization.
- Emergency evacuation and Helicopter rescue.
Harness (Safety Belt)
Jumar (Ascending Device)
Eight Ring ( Descending device)
Wind proof suit
0 Reviews on Mt Kanchenjunga Expedition 8,586m