Mt. Lobuche East Climbing
- Trekking Days:19
- Trip Grade:Challenging
- Max. Altitude:6100m
- Min. Altitude:1335m
- Walking per day:4-6 hrs
- Accomodation :Tea house / camping
- Trek Nature:Trekking /Climbing
- Best Season:Spring/Autumn
- Group Size:3+
Mt Lobuche East Climbing is the Lobuche summit ascending expedition in the Lobuche village of khumbu zone of everest region of Nepal. The mount Lobuche East of 6,145 meters height is the independent peak which is the destined summit of ascending. There are two peaks of Lobuche East Mountain named as Lobuche Far East and Lobuche East which are separated by a long deep uneven ridge . There is the third peak named as Lobuche West which is located at Tibet. The Lobuche eastern peak more elevated in compared to Lobuche Far East by 26 meters in height and is located at east of Kathmandu valley in the foothills of Khumbu Glacier of Everest region of Nepal. This mountain is a just a few kilometers away from Mount Everest and sometimes mistaken for a village named after the peak called as Lobuche Village which is the last overnight landings of trail to Everest base camp via southeast route.
The peak of Lobuche East is covered by a false summit near the real peak which the climber have to distinguish otherwise they may return attempting the valuable false summit. The climbers can start their climbing from the Lobuche base camp with their climbing gears on the best natural conditions. There are rocky wedges encountered during the climbing which are tricky when covered with snow and needs ropes in some difficult slopes. The climbers are advised to avoid south west ridge for easier climbing. The climbers who are looking for more challenge during the climbing during can take the south west ridge. The north west ridge is connected to the real Lobuche East summit where it lives as a extension peak heading towards north west. The rope is required during climbing followed by a steep climbing to the highest point till the summit. The real Lobuche East lies in a slight declined zone from the false summit towards the North West ridge followed by a vertical climbing to the highest top. The real Lobuche East Peak offers the views of other lofty edge peaks towards North West pointing towards the gigantic engrave which splits Lobuche West from Lobuche East. The Lobuche West lies in the borders of Tibet and is not allowed from Nepal but it can be clearly viewed from Lobuche East Summit. The climbers can follow the same route they came to descend or followed scheduled one if any. The travelers then slightly descend to Lobuche base came and travel back to Namche Bazar for rest. The travelers can take the air flight back to Kathmandu from Lukla air terminal nearest to Namche Bazar.
Day 1: Arrival at Kathmandu and transfer to hotel.
Day 2: Kathmandu sightseeing tour.
Day 3: Early morning flight to Lukla and trek to Phakding.
Day 4: Trek to Namche Bazaar (3440m) about 5 hours’ walk.
Day 5: Rest day and acclimatization at Namche Bazaar.
Day 6: Trek to Tengboche monastery (3860m).
Day 7: Trek to Dingboche (4400m) 5 hours’ walk.
Day 8: Rest and acclimatization day at Dingboche.
Day 9: Trek to Lobuche (4910m) 5 hours.
Day 10: Trek to Gorak Shep (5180m) and hike to the Kalapathar (5555m) and trek back to Gorak Shep 7 hours’ walk.
Day 11: Trek to Everest Base Camp (5365m) and trek back to Lobuche.
Day 12: Trek to Mt Lobuche Peak Base Camp.
Day 13: Summit to Lobuche East Peak and trek back to Base Camp.
Day 14: Trek to Pangboche (4000m) 5 hours.
Day 15: Trek to Namche Bazaar.
Day 16: Trek to Lukla and celebrate the final day of the trek with trekking staff.
Day 17: Morning flight to Kathmandu and free day.
Day 18: Leisure day in Kathmandu.
Day 19: Final departure.
- International and Domestic airport transfer as per the itinerary.
- Three nights’ in a hotel in Kathmandu on a Bed and Breakfast basis.
- Welcome and farewell dinners.
- Internal support and flight within your Nepal stay as per the itinerary.
- 3 Meals a day during the trek (Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner with tea and coffee) along with available accommodation at hotels / lodges / guest houses / tents during the trek on a twin sharing basis.
- All trekking and climbing related permits and fees, entry permit and TIMS card fee.
- Professional English speaking trek / climbing guide and necessary yak/ porters.
- All necessary climbing equipment.
- Insurance for all staff and porters.
- A comprehensive medical kit.
- Government taxes and office service charge
- International airfare and airport tax.
- Nepal entry visa fee.
- Lunch and dinner during Kathmandu hotel stay.
- Personal insurance which covers medical, emergency evacuation, loss and theft expenses.
- Drink both alcoholic and bottled other than sterilized drinking water.
- Personal climbing gear and clothing (available for hire from the Kathmandu office).
- Extra nights’ accommodation in Kathmandu because of early arrival, late departure and early return from the trek (whatever the reason other than the scheduled itinerary).
- Tips and gratuities provided to staff and porters.
1 Reviews on Mt. Lobuche East Climbing