Mt Yala Peak
- Trekking Days:15
- Trip Grade:Strenuous Plus
- Max. Altitude:5500
- Min. Altitude:1335
- Walking per day:5 -6 Hrs depending on fitness
- Accomodation :Hotel, Camping
- Trek Nature:Trekking /Climbing
- Best Season:Spring / Autumn
- Group Size:2+
Mt Yala Peak Climbing is one of the fabulous and successful climbing expeditions of Nepal having the features of less risk and remarkable excursion leading into wonderful nature. The climbing expedition takes placed in the unspoiled langtang valley zone considered as the one of the best locations of the world in terms of natural originality and best natural condition. The Mount Yala is 5500 meter high with the nature of straight forward climbing without any difficult stunts generally refers to non-technical climbing. The trip to Mount Yala is a destined location of unspoiled nature, simplicity of highland human settlements, clean atmosphere and a dive in to an exotic nature.
The travelers land on the international air terminal of Nepal and have a good night rest on Kathmandu city. The travelers then start travelling towards the northern side of Kathmandu towards the borders of Tibet to reach the Mount Yala. The travelers take vehicle from Kathmandu and after six to seven hours of ride they reach Syabrubesi which is about 100 kilometer northwest of Kathmandu city. The travelers take rest at Syabrubesi. The travelers reach Lama Hotel from Syabrubesi and take rest there. The following day the travelers reach the Langtang Valley and finally to Kyanjin Gompa. The travelers rest at Kyanjin Gompa for acclimatization. During these days they can wander around the hills and go for day hiking. The process of acclimatization is a must during this expedition because travelers are reaching the high altitude within a short period of time. The travelers reach the height of 5500 meters above sea level which is one of the highest altitudes of the world.
The travelers staying in Kyanjin Gompa acclimatization finally move towards the small rocky peaks towards the northern area to observe the Yala Peak accompanied by Yala Glaciers. The climbers stay at meadow named as Yala Kharka at the height of 4600meters setting up a camp for resting. This can be starting camp for beginning of climbing the Mount Yala. The climbers start climbing from the Yala Base Camp at the foothills of Mount Yala. The climbing is a straight forward climb towards the top over the rocky hilly surfaces and snow glaciers covering the rocky foundation. The climb becomes steep and slippery over the snow accompanied with the climbing accessories like ice axe, rope and other climbing tools. The climbing till the 4800 meters is a regular climbing over rocky surfaces and snow glaciers covering the rocky surfaces. The last 700 meter above the 4800 meters is to be done on snow and is require climbing accessories like ice axe, rope, and other climbing tools. The summit of Yala Peak is a most beautiful place on the world prized with the view of borders of Tibet and Himalayas of Nepal with exotic landscapes accompanied by lush mountains and valleys. There beautiful views of Mt. Shishapangma and Mt. Gangchempo are rewarded on the Mount Yala summit assorted by landscapes of natural artistic mode. For descending trip the travelers follow the same route they came until they reach to Syabrubesi and finally driving back to Kathmandu city.
Day 01: Arrival at Kathmandu airport, meet our staff then transfer to hotel.
Day 02: Kathmandu half-day sightseeing/Afternoon free or preparation for the trek.
Day 03: Kathmandu to Syabrubesi Drive (1970m).
Day 04: Syabrubesi – Lama Hotel 2380m.
Day 05: Lama Hotel – Langtang Village 3500m.
Day 06: Langtang – Kyanging Gompa 3700m.
Day 07: Kyanging Gompa: rest and explore.
Day 08: Kyanging to Yala peak Base Camp (4641m).
Day 09: Climbing Yala Peak 5500m and back to Base Camp.
Day 10: Trek Back to Kyanging Gompa.
Day 11: Langtang village.
Day 12: Lama Hotel.
Day 13: Syabrubesi.
Day 14: Syabrubesi Drive back to Kathmandu.
Day 15: Trip ends! Fly back home, taking with you the memory of a lifetime.
- International and Domestic airport transfer as per the itinerary.
- Three nights in a hotel in Kathmandu on a Bed and Breakfast basis.
- Welcome and farewell dinners. Internal support and flight within your Nepal stay as per the itinerary.
- 3 Meals a day during the trek (Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner with tea and coffee) along with available accommodation at hotels / lodges / guest houses / tents during the trek on a twin sharing basis.
- All trekking and climbing related permits and fees, entry permit and TIMS card fee. Professional English speaking trek / climbing guide and necessary yak/ porters.
- All necessary climbing equipment. Insurance for all staff and porters.
- A comprehensive medical kit. Government taxes and office service charge.
- International air/train ticket
- Major meal during Kathmandu stay.
- Personal insurance which covers medical, emergency evacuation, loss and theft expenses.
- Drink both alcoholic and bottled other than sterilized drinking water.
- Personal climbing gear and clothing (available for hire from the Kathmandu office).
- Extra nights’ accommodation in Kathmandu because of early arrival, late departure and early return from the trek (whatever the reason other than the scheduled itinerary).
- Tips and gratuities provided to staff and porters.
- Personal trekking equipment pack list for guideline only.
- Trekking shoes.
- Sun glass.
- Down jacket.
- Wind proof jacket.
- Wind proof trousers.
- Water bottle.
- Walking pole.
- Toothpaste and tooth brush.
- Woolen cap.
- High neck.
- Socks 3-4 pairs.
- Head lamp with extra battery.
- Lip guard.
- Personal medical kit
To climb Yela peak with Himalayan Alpine Adventure good physical fitness is required but not previous mountaineering experience and skills.
0 Reviews on Mt Yala Peak