Please take the time to read and understand the conditions of booking set out below prior to booking a trip with us.
- Our contract.
- All bookings and payments are made with K2 Trek & Expedition Pvt. ltd. Government registered number-71669 PAN-304220405 (us/we). K2 Trek & Expedition Pvt. ltd. acts as an agent on our behalf. By booking a trip with us you are deemed to have agreed to these Booking Conditions (which constitutes the entire agreement between you and us) and your booking will be accepted by us on this basis. The services to be provided are those referred to in your booking confirmation invoice.
- Bank address to transfer the trip booking payment.
(2) Channel for US$ Remittance
Credit to (account with institution) : Nepal investment Bank Limited
(Formally Nepal Indosuez Bank Limited) Nepal
Further Credit to
(Beneficiary’s Institution: Jyoti Bikash Bank Limited
Account Number: 0015850402
To be crediated to : K2 Trek & Expedition Pvt. ltd.
Account Number:- 00100000031B
Bank Address: Kamaladi Kathmandu Nepal.
- Deposit requirement.
You are required to pay a non-refundable deposit of $200 per person per trip for your booking to be confirmed. If your booking is made within 30 days of the departure date then the full amount is payable at the time of booking. Please note that a higher deposit is required for Mountaineering expedition which is above 6800m high.
- Acceptance of booking and final payments.
If we accept your booking, we will issue a confirmation invoice. A contract will exist between us from the date we issue the confirmation invoice or if you book within 7 days of departure the contract will exist when we accept your deposit. Please refer to your booking confirmation invoice for details regarding final payments. Payment of the balance of the trip price is due 40 days before the trip departure date. Please note that full payment is required earlier for Mountaineering Expedition bookings. If this balance is not paid on or before the due date we reserve the right to treat your booking as cancelled.
- Your details.
In order for us to confirm your travel arrangements you must provide all requested details with the balance of the trip price. Necessary details include full name as per passport, date of birth, nationality, passport number, passport issue and expiry date and any per-existing medical conditions you have which may affect your ability to complete your travel arrangements. On some more demanding trips we also require you to complete and forward a Self-Assessment form. Your booking cannot be confirmed without provision of these details.
- Cancellation by the traveler.
If you cancel some or all portions of your booking cancellation fees will apply. A cancellation will only be effective when we receive written confirmation of the cancellation.
If you cancel a trip:
- 40 days or more prior to departure, we will retain the deposit
- Between 15 and 35 days prior to departure, we will retain the deposit or 40% of the total booking cost; whichever is greater
- Less than 15 days prior to departure, we will retain 100% paid by you in connection with the booking.
In certain cases a 100% cancellation fee applies as soon as the booking is made and the Trek permit, climbing permit and air ticket is issued. Please ask for full details of cancellation charges at time of booking. You are strongly advised to take out cancellation insurance at the time of booking which will cover cancellation fees. If you leave a trip for any reason after it has commenced, we are not obliged to make any refunds for unused services.
- Cancellation by K2Trek & Expedition Pvt. ltd.
We may cancel a trip at any time prior to departure if, due to terrorism, natural disasters, political instability or other external events it is not viable for us to operate the planned itinerary. If we cancel your trip, you can transfer amounts paid to an alternate departure date or alternatively receive a full refund. In circumstances where the cancellation is due to external events outside our reasonable control refunds will be less any unrecoverable costs. We are not responsible for any incidental expenses that you may have incurred as a result of your booking including but not limited to visas, vaccinations, travel insurance excess or non-refundable flights.
- Booking amendments.
If you wish to transfer from one trip to another or transfer your booking to a third party, you must notify us at least 45 days prior to the proposed departure date. A fee of $150 per person per change will apply (in addition to any charges levied by hotels, ground operators or airlines). If you notify us less than 40 days prior to the proposed departure date the refund policy applicable to cancellations will apply. Transfers to a third party are only permitted where the transfer meets all the requirements in relation to the trip, and transfers to another departure can only be made with a departure within the current validity period.
Amendments to any other arrangements made in conjunction with your trip will incur an $100 administration fee per booking per change. This fee is in addition to any charges levied by hotels, ground operators or airlines. No amendments are permitted to your booking within 10 days of departure.
- All arrival and departure transfer services to and from airports, both Domestic and International, with other necessary surface transport (by A/C Vehicles) as per itinerary.
- Assistance at the International Airport by K2 Trek & Expedition Pvt. ltd. representatives while arriving and departing.
- Four night accommodation in Kathmandu on B/B basis.).
- Local English speaking Tour Guide for sightseeing in Kathmandu.
- All necessary staff including experienced guide and porters during the trekking and climbing.
- All trekking and camping equipment such as camp furniture, kitchenware, dining tent, guest tents, etc.
- 3 meals a day (Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner) with tea and coffee.
- Per person 60kg baggage allowance during trekking-up carried by porters or yak and 40kg baggage allowance while returning from base camp after climbing Mt Everest.
- Park permit fees
- Expedition Royalty and permit and trekking permit National park entry permit.
- All wages, equipment, medical and accident insurance for all staff involved in the trek and expedition.
- First aid medical kits for the group and staff.
- Appropriate foods for high altitudes and all climbing crew at base camp and above as required.
- Emergency Oxygen mask and regulator provided on requirement of climber with appropriate charge.
- Each expedition member will have an individual tent available in the base camp.
- Solar panel or Generator for light and battery charger.
- Free assistance service for cargo clearance and duties.
- Company service charge and government taxes levied in Nepal.
- Complete pre-departure information, flight ticket reconfirmation and Visa extension procedure services (if necessary).
- Farewell Dinner in a typical Nepali restaurant.
- International air / train ticket and airport tax.
- Nepal Visa charge.
- Personal climbing equipment.
- Personal travel insurance.
- Items of personal nature, Laundry expenses, Tips.
- Lunch and dinner during your stay in Kathmandu (except for the farewell dinner).
- Expenses incurred towards usage of landlines, mobile, Walkie-talkies or satellite phone and internet expenses.
- Any extra expenses arising out of various /unforeseen situations such as natural calamities, landslide, political disturbances, strikes, changes in government regulation etc.
- Transportation is strictly as per the itinerary. Any extra distance travelled will be charged extra.
- Any additional staff other than specified.
- Rescue, Repatriation, Medicine, Medical test and hospitalization.
- Emergency evacuation and Helicopter rescue.
- Any extra services or products, offers or activities which are not mentioned in the itinerary.
- Age & Health requirements.
Minimum General Policy: For the majority of our trips the minimum age is 15 at the time of travel. All travelers under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a legal guardian, or in lieu of a legal guardian, by an escort over the age of 18, appointed by their legal guardian. The legal guardian or their designee will be responsible for the traveller under the age of 18 days to day care. Please note we cannot guarantee triple or joining rooms for families; accompanying adults may be required to share with others in the group on a twin share basis.
Maximum General Policy: For the majority of our trips we have no upper age limit though we remind you that our trips can be physically demanding and passengers must ensure that they are suitably fit to allow full participation.
We are able to provide details on mandatory health requirements; however, we are not medical experts. It is your responsibility to ensure that you obtain proper and detailed medical advice at least two months prior to travel for the latest health requirements and recommendations for your destination.
- Passport and visas.
You must carry a valid passport with two passport size photogrphs and have obtained all of the appropriate visas, permits and certificates for the countries in which you will visit during your trip. Your passport must be valid for 6 months beyond the duration of the trip. It is your responsibility to ensure that you are in possession of the correct visas, permits and certificates for your trip; please refer to the Trip Notes for details. We are not responsible if you are refused entry to a country because you lack the correct passport, visa or other travel documentation.
- Travel insurance.
Travel insurance is compulsory for all our travellers and should be taken out at the time of booking. Your travel insurance must provide cover against personal accident, death, medical expenses and emergency repatriation with a recommended minimum coverage of US$200,000 for each of the categories of cover. We also strongly recommend it covers cancellation, curtailment, personal liability and loss of luggage and personal effects. You must provide proof of your travel insurance on the first day of your trip; you will not be able to join the trip without it. If you obtain travel insurance through us you acknowledge that you are satisfied with the level of insurance we have arranged.
You appreciate and acknowledge that the nature of this type of travel requires considerable flexibility and you should allow for alternatives. The itinerary provided for each trip is representative of the types of activities contemplated, but it is understood that the route, schedules, itineraries, amenities and mode of transport may be subject to alteration without prior notice due to local circumstances or events.
- Change of itinerary.
While we endeavour to operate all trips as described we reserve the right to change the trip itinerary. Please refer to our website before departure for the most recent updates to your itinerary.
Before departure: If we make a major change we will inform you as soon as reasonably possible if there is time before departure. The definition of a major change is deemed to be a change affecting at least one day in five of the itinerary. When a major change is made, you may choose between accepting the change, obtaining a refund of money paid on the land portion of the trip only or accepting an alternative tour offered.
After departure: We reserve the right to change an itinerary after departure due to local circumstances or events outside of our control. In such emergency circumstances the additional cost of any necessary itinerary alterations will be covered by you. Please note we are not responsible for any incidental expenses that may be incurred as a result of the change of itinerary such as visas, vaccinations or non-refundable flights.
- Authority on tour.
Our group trips are run by a Guide. The decision of the guide is final on all matters likely to affect the safety or well-being of any person participating in the trip. If you fail to comply with a decision made by a guide, or interfere with the well-being or mobility of the group, the guide may direct you to leave the trip immediately, with no right of refund. We may also elect not to carry you on any future trips booked. You must at all times comply with the laws, customs, foreign exchange and drug regulations of all countries visited, and you also agree to travel in accordance with our travel guidelines.
- Acceptance of risk.
You acknowledge that the nature of the trip is adventurous and participation involves a degree of personal risk. You will be visiting places where the political, cultural and geographical attributes present dangers and physical challenges greater than those present in our daily lives. We use information from government, foreign departments and reports from our own contacts in assessing whether the itinerary should operate. However, it is also your own responsibility to acquaint yourself with all possible relevant travel information and the nature of your itinerary. You acknowledge that your decision to travel is made in light of consideration of this information, and you accept that you are aware of the personal risks attendant upon such travel.
- Claims & complaints.
If you have a complaint about your trip please inform your group leader or our local representative at the time in order that they can attempt to rectify the matter. If satisfaction is not reached through these means, then any further complaint should be put in writing to us within 30 days of the end of the tour.