Annapurna Sanctuary Trek
- Trekking Days:16
- Trip Grade:Moderate
- Max. Altitude:4130
- Min. Altitude:1335
- Walking per day:5-6 hrs
- Accomodation :Hotel/Tea house
- Trek Nature:Trekking
- Best Season:Spring/Autumn /Winter
- Group Size:2+
The Annapurna Sanctuary Trek with Himalayan Alpine Adventure takes place in the one of the most appreciated locations of Annapurna region of Nepal. Generally the Annapurna Sanctuary Trek gives the meaning of a walking adventure in the Annapurna region that starts from Phedi or Nayapul of Pokhara and ends on the Annapurna Base Camp from where the travelers take their planned route leading back to Phedi or Nayapul of Pokhara. The Annapurna Sanctuary Trek is a fantastic walking travel to the South Face of Annapurna I. This is a delightful walking experience through mountain foothills of Annapurna region passing through beautiful forests, traditional ethnic highland settlements and fascinating photogenic landscapes and Himalayan panoramas. In the end of the travel experience the travelers will reach the base camp of Annapurna Himalayas which is world 10th highest peak.
Annapurna is a name of a Himalaya range that is made up of more than 13 highest peaks of the world which are above 6000 meters above sea level. It is a known fact that all the highest peaks above 6000 meters above sea level resides in south Asia in the borders of Tibet, China, Nepal, India, Pakistan, Bhutan and other countries of south Asia. The Annapurna Himalayan range broadens from east covering the valley of Kaligandaki River and Marshyandi River. The Annapurna Sanctuary Trek takes place on the hidden mountain vegetation covered with in the folds of southern face of Annapurna Massif known as Annapurna Sanctuary residing 26 miles north of Pokhara City. The Annapurna Sanctuary Trek is a popular trekking destination due to easy accessibility from Pokhara and wonderful walking experience through exotic natural vegetation of lush mountains in the splendid high Himalayan locale. The Himalayan summits that forms the rim of the Annapurna sanctuary is incorporated of eight peaks of 7000meters height and above and they are Annapurna I, Annapurna South, Gangapurna, Annapurna V, Annapurna III, Mt. Machhapuchhare etc. The walking experience through the Annapurna Sanctuary provides a taste of great variety of photogenic landscapes that includes lush mountains, green natural vegetation, excellent Himalaya panoramas and ethnic traditional tribes of Himalayan people.
The Annapurna Sanctuary Trek starts from capital city of Kathmandu where the travelers take a vehicle or airplane ride to Pokhara. After a good night rest the travelers reach Nayapul or Phedi of Pokhara from where they start walking through mountain trekking trails till they reach Annapurna Base Camp home of the Annapurna Sanctuary. During their walking adventure the travelers encounter sub-tropical climate, pretty villages, terrace rice fields, rhododendron woodland and scattered farming lands till the last settlement of vegetation. After crossing all the human settlements, forests and green vegetation the travelers enter in to the world of ice and snow which denotes the foot of the Annapurna I Himalaya of Annapurna Sanctuary. The travelers stay there for overnight while continuing their exploration and investigation of Annapurna Base Camp. It is a beautiful region of ice glaciers and focal eye view of Annapurna Himalayas which is the most outstanding plane of the nation. After the satisfied stay at Annapurna base camp the travelers take the alternative routes consisting the fascinating views of Kali Gandaki Valley with views of additional Himalayan range of Dhaulagiri and Tukuche Peak. The travelers finally reach Phedi or Nayapul of Pokhara and after taking a good night rest at Pokhara. The travelers can contintue their sightseeing at Pokhara or take ride back to Kathmandu.
Transfer to hotel by representatives and staff of Himalayan Alpine Adventure Trek and rest of the day free.Day 02: Free day in Kathmandu
Time to explore this fascinating city with its temples and local markets or take an optional excursion into the Kathmandu valley.Day 03: Fly from Kathmandu to Pokhara and trek to Hile 1475m 3 hours walking
We take the 25 minute spectacular flight to Pokhara and drive a short distance to the trail head at Birethanti. We meet our trekking crew and start trekking up Bhurungdi Khola valley where the trail gently climbs to Hile.We camp for the night at Hile or in nearby Tikhedunga Village.Day 04: Trek to Ghorepani 2750m 4 hours trek
Beyond Hile the trail steepens until reaching Ulleri where we are rewarded with views of Annapurna South and Himchuli Mountain. It is good to do this climb before the heat of the day. From Ulleri the trail climbs less steeply, passing through pasture and cultivated fields before reaching rhododendron forest and the blue roofs of Ghorepani villages. If the clouds are obliging we will be rewarded with fantastic views from this vantage point.Day 05: Ghorepani to Poon Hills 3193m and Tadapani 2590m 2-3 hours trekking
We rise early for the 45 minute trek to Poon Hill (3193m), one of the most famous places to watch the sun rise across the magnificent Himalayan panorama, including Mt Dhaulagiri to Mt Manaslu in the east and the Mt Annapurna range between. After returning to Ghorepani for breakfast we set off on the short climb to Deurali for more fantastic panoramic views.We then descend to a steep river gorge before the climb to Tada Pani.Day 06: Tadapani to Chomrong 2170m 5/6 hours trekking
From Tadapani the trail heads north-east until we reach the village of Chhomrong. Chhomrong village is beautifully set against the peaks of Annapurna South, Mt Himchuli and Machhapuchhre which towers above.
Day 07: Chhomrong to Bamboo 2340m 5 hours trekking
We leave Chhomrong, the last permanent settlement before the sanctuary, and walk up the Modi Khola valley through beautiful rhododendron and bamboo forest.
Day 08: Bamboo to Deurali, 3230m five hours trekking
We arrive at Himalaya Lodge and walk up the Modi Khola. The valley narrows into a steep-sided gorge.By the time the large fire-blackened rock overhang known as Hinku Cave is reached, the vegetation has thinned and the gorge narrowed to be only a few hundred metres wide.
Day 09: Deurali to Machhapuchhre Base Camp 3700m 4/5 hours trekking
Now the valley narrows into a steep gorge rising above the vegetation line until we pass through into sanctuary ‘gates’. Once through the sanctuary, we cross moraines to a cluster of huts called Machhapuchhre Base Camp, with Annapurna South, Himchuli, Annapurna Fang (Varaha Shikhar) and the magnificent Machhapuchhre, the Fishtail mountain, towering above us.
Day 10: MachhapuchhreBase Camp to Annapurna Sanctuary 4130m 2/3 hours trekking
In places the path is a little rougher as it crosses rocks and a small stream. Tantalizing glimpses of the massive peaks that form the sanctuary appear and urge us on. When we reach the moraines the view on all sides of snow-capped mountains, fluted walls of ice and enormous rock buttress are incredible; this is a mountain amphitheater of spectacular size. Whenever you stand in the sanctuary the 360 degree views are breathtakingly beautiful. Starting from Hiuchuli 6451m and turning clockwise we see:Mt Annapurna South 7667m,Fang 7646m, Mt Annapurna I 8105m, Tent Peak 5673m, Mt Gangapurna 7467m, Mt Annapurna III 7568m and the most spectacular of all Machhapuchhre 7055m. Bask in the sunset and sunrise when the mountains glow in pink and gold – unforgettable! As you lie in your sleeping bag listen to the glacier cracking throughout the night.
Day 11:Annapurna Sanctuary to Doban six hours
We retrace the trail which we came up but of course this time it will be much easier as we will be descending to lower altitude.
Day 12: Doban to Chhomrong 6/7 hours trek
Still retracing our steps down the Modi Khola valley, passing rhododendron and bamboo forest, we reach Chhomrong, the Gurung village.
Day 13: Trek to Tadapani 2900m
We descend down to the Kyumun Khola and trek through the rice fields before we finally start climbing up to Ghandruk. The picturesque Gurung village is surrounded by paddy fields and set against the peak of Mt Annapurna South and Himchuli.
Day 14: Ghandruk to Birethanti 5 hours trek and 3 hours drive
Our descent continues to Syauli Bazaar for approximately 1500m and we continue down to Birethanti, crossing the Modi Khola Bridge and finally reaching the road. After arrival of all our kit we depart by car to Pokhara where we are accommodated in a very comfortable hotel.
Day 15: Morning flight back to Kathmandu
We fly from Pokhara to Kathmandu, where we return to our group hotel. Rest of the day free.
Day 16: Depart Nepal
Annapurna Sanctuary Trek Cost Included:
- All arrival and departure transfer services to and from airports, both Domestic and International, with other necessary surface transport (by A/C Vehicles) as per itinerary.
- Assistance at the International Airport by Himalayan Alpine Adventure Trek representatives while arriving and departing.
- Six night accommodation in Kathmandu on B/B basis.
- 11 nights twin sharing accommodation at guest houses during the trek.
- One day sightseeing in Kathmandu (Swayambhunath, Pashupatinath, Boudhanath and Durbar Square).
- Local English speaking Tour Guide for sightseeing in Kathmandu.
- All necessary staff including experienced guide and porters during the trekking and climbing.
- Flight ticket for Kathmandu – Lukla – Kathmandu sector for all climbing members and staff.
- All trekking and camping equipment such as camp furniture, kitchenware, dining tent, guest tents, etc.
- 3 meals a day (Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner) with tea and coffee.
- Per person 60kg baggage allowance during trekking-up carried by porters or yak and 40kg baggage allowance while returning from base camp after climbing Mt Everest.
- Trekking permit and Sagarmatha National Park entry fee.
- Expedition Royalty and permit of Nepal Government to climb Mt Everest along South-east Ridge route.
- One experienced, trained, Government licensed, and 2 times Everest summiteer Climbing /Expedition Guide (Sherpa).
- All wages, equipment, medical and accident insurance for all staff involved in the trek and expedition.
- First aid medical kits for the group and staff.
- Satellite phone carried by Guide / Sherpa for communication and available for climbing members with the cost of US$.3 per unit call.
- Appropriate foods for high altitudes and all climbing crew at base camp and above as required.
- Emergency Oxygen mask and regulator provided on requirement of climber with appropriate charge.
- Each expedition member will have an individual tent available in the base camp.
- Solar panel for light and battery charger.
- All tents for camps 1, 2, 3, 4 and Khumbu Icefall charge.
- 4 Oxygen bottles (4l) with mask and regulator (if requested by client).
- Free assistance service for cargo clearance and duties.
- Company service charge and government taxes levied in Nepal.
- Complete pre-departure information, flight ticket reconfirmation and Visa extension procedure services (if necessary).
- Farewell Dinner in a typical Nepali restaurant.
- International air ticket and airport tax.
- Nepal Visa charge.
- Personal climbing equipment.
- Personal travel insurance.
- Items of personal nature, Laundry expenses, Tips.
- Lunch and dinner during your stay in Kathmandu (except for the farewell dinner).
- Expenses incurred towards usage of landlines, mobile, Walkie-talkies or satellite phone and internet expenses.
- Any extra expenses arising out of various /unforeseen situations such as natural calamities, landslide, political disturbances, strikes, changes in government regulation etc.
- Transportation is strictly as per the itinerary. Any extra distance travelled will be charged extra.
- Any additional staff other than specified.
- Rescue, Repatriation, Medicine, Medical test and hospitalization.
- Emergency evacuation and Helicopter rescue.
- Any extra services or products, offers or activities which are not mentioned in the itinerary.
- Personal trekking equipment pack list for guideline only.
- Trekking shoes.
- Sun glass.
- Down jacket.
- Wind proof jacket.
- Wind proof trousers.
- Water bottle.
- Walking pole.
- Toothpaste and tooth brush.
- Woolen cap.
- High neck.
- Socks 3-4 pairs.
- Head lamp with extra battery.
- Lip guard.
- Personal medical kit.
0 Reviews on Annapurna Sanctuary Trek