Everest Base Camp Trek
- Trekking Days:15
- Trip Grade:Moderate
- Max. Altitude:5380m
- Min. Altitude:1335m
- Walking per day:5 -6 Hrs depending on fitness
- Accomodation :Tea House
- Trek Nature:Trekking
- Best Season:Spring/ Autumn/ winter
- Group Size:5+
Mt Everest has a proud elevation of 8848 meters above elevation located between the borders of Nepal and Tibet with is two entrances known as Southern Ridge of Nepal and Northern Ridge of Tibet. Generally known as the Everest around the world it has other names in locale language as Sagarmatha of residing country Nepal and as Chomolungma for Tibet and china. The travel to the everest region of Nepal will lead the travelers to the fascinating part of the world which is remote, unspoiled and traditional dominated by the Tibetan Buddhist culture passing in transit of untamed forest of pinewoods, vivid rhododendron forests, suspension bridges, picturesque caravans of Yak transporting goods in highland villages and trekking expedition dominated by surrounding Himalayas making a white walls of forts around them with colorful sun rise and sunsets. There is the society of high altitude tribe dominated by ancient Tibetan Buddhist ethnicity and known to world as Sherpas. They have atypical characteristic of endurance of high altitude and a very much special friend to travelers who travel in those high altitudes. They are the saviors of Himalayas till the travelers reach their destined place of lodging. Their society is a cultural blend of chronicled Tibet and Buddhist resulting in to typical life of solukhumbu region local word for everest region. The place is full of Buddhist monasteries and other Tibetan-buddhist sanctuaries which replicates the ancient highland society and livelihood. Hence the travelers can experience the lifestyle of highlanders living at the highest altitude of the world.
The trekkers take air flight from Kathmandu to Luka which is around 30-35 minutes from Kathmandu air-terminal. After landing on Lukla airport, the trekkers start their walking journey from walk from Lukla for two days to reach the Namche Bazar, the acclimatization hub for the mountain climbers and resting place full of hotels and lodges. It takes another four days to reach the foothills of Kala Patthar at 5545 meters accompanied by Mt.Pumori travelling through trekking trails of Dingboche of 4,260 meters. The trekkers take rest at Everest Base Camp at Kala Patthar region of Everest region. The kalapatthar region provides the closest view of Mt. Everest from focal eyesight where the perspectives of everest, nuptse and changtse are the one of a kind from this region along with the glimpses of northern side and peak of Lhoste. The globe nearest focal view station of Everest is located at Kalapatthar. There is an ancient lake bed on the way to kalapatthar from Gorakshep which now contains a small lake and helipad. The region of Kalapatthar is decorated with traditional Tibetan Buddhist prayer flags that identify this place as a popular center of viewpoints and resting. The trekkers can take some additional walk around in this region until they are satisfied with the gigantic standing mountain peaks called as the highest peaks of the world. The peaks witness from the everest base camp are Mt. Everest-8848m, Cho Oyu-8,153m, Lhotse-8,516m, Nuptse-7,879m, Makalu-8463m and Ama Dablam-6,856m, Thamserku-6623m, Kangtenga-6779m and other surrounding peaks. The trekkers take the same coursing of returning from kalapatthar till namche bazaar. In the end the trekkers take air flight from Lukla to Kathmandu.
Day 01: Arrive at Tribhuvan International Airport (TIA) Kathmandu transfer to the hotel by representative of Himalayan Alpine Adventure Trek and Expedition and overnight at hotel.
Day 02:Fly from Kathmandu to Lukla (2810m) and trek to Phakding (2652 m) three hours.
Day 03: Trek to Namche Bazaar (3440m) 6 hours and overnight at guest house.
Day 04: Rest day or Acclimatization, hike to Everest View Hotel (3900m) 3 hours.
Day 05: Trek to Tengboche (3860m) 5 hours.Overnight at guest house.
Day 06: Trek to Pheriche (4410m) 5 hours.Overnight at guesthouse.
Day 07: Pheriche to Nagerjun hike (5,100m) and return, 5 hours.Overnight at guesthouse.
Day 08: Trek to Lobuche (4910m) 5 hours.Overnight at guesthouse.
Day 09: Trek to Gorak Shep (5140m) and hike to the Everest Base Camp (5320m) and trek back to Gorak Shep.Overnight at Hotel.
Day 10: Trek back to Chejungma 5 hours.
Day 11: Trek back to Namche and overnight at hotel.
Day 12: Trek to Lukla and overnight at hotel. Celebrate final day of the trek with trek guide and porters.
Day 13: Fly back to Kathmandu (1337m) 35 minutes domestic flight. Overnight at hotel.
Day 14: Free Day in Kathmandu.Tour to Pashupatinath the Hindus temples, Baudhanath Stupa and the monkey temple with local guide and tourist vehicles for transportation.
Day 15: Final Departure to your onward destination, “Farewell”.
- International and Domestic airport pick up and transfer as per the itinerary.
- Three nights Hotel in Kathmandu on a Bed and Breakfast basis.
- Internal support and flight within your Nepal stay as per the itinerary.
- 3 Meals a day during the trek (Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner with tea and coffee) along with available accommodation at hotels / lodges / guest houses / tents during the trek on a twin sharing basis.
- All trekking permits and fees, national park entry permit and TIMS card fee.
- Professional English speaking trek / climbing guide and necessary yak/ porters to carry the luggage and trek equipment.
- Insurance for all staff and porters.
- A comprehensive medical kit.
- Government taxes and office service charge.
- Both way domestic flight from Kathmandu to Lukla and to Kathmandu.
- Air cargo and airport tax.
- Wages of trekking guide and porters.
- International air/train fare and airport tax.
- Nepal entry visa fee.
- Lunch and dinner during Kathmandu Hotel stay.
- Personal insurance which covers medical, emergency evacuation, loss and theft expenses.
- Drink both alcoholic and bottled other than sterilized drinking water.
- Personal Trekking gear and clothing (available for hire from the Kathmandu office).
- Extra nights’ accommodation in Kathmandu because of early arrival, late departure and early return from the trek (whatever the reason other than the scheduled itinerary).
- Tips and gratuities provided to staff and porters.
- Telephone, internet, laundry charge during trekking.
Ruck Sack minimum 45 liter.
Sun Glass 100 % UV protection.
Personal medical kit.
Sucks 3 pairs.
Wind proof trousers
Wind proof jacket
Toothpaste and brush.
Note: Trekking and Climbing equipment hiring is available from Kathmandu office.
0 Reviews on Everest Base Camp Trek