- Trekking Days:17
- Trip Grade:Moderate
- Max. Altitude:4500
- Min. Altitude:1335
- Walking per day:6hrs
- Accomodation :Hotel,Tea House
- Trek Nature:Trekking
- Best Season:Spring/ Autumn
- Group Size:2+
Gosaikunda Trekking takes place in the langtang region of Nepal located towards the north of Kathmandu city till the borders of Tibet and china. Gosaikunda has originated from Himalaya and generally as oligotrophic lake which means clear waters with high drinking quality. The base of these lakes have oxygen and support fauna like trout fish that needs cold and well oxygenated waters. This high altitude lake is located in Langtang National park at the height of 4,380 meters and is of total 34 acres in length along with its associated lakes. The region of Gosaikunda is incorporated of 108 lakes include this famed holy lakes form small sized ones to medium sized ones. This region is now a part of Ramsar Site on 29 September 2007 with its borders at Lauribina La Pass at 4,610 meters. Ramsar site denotes Ramsar Convention which is an international treaty for the conservation and protection of wetlands due to its importance to the nation and to the world and was established in 1971. The lake is frozen for 6 months in winter from October till June and later the lakes melts down to originate the River of Trishuli.
The Gosaikunda region is a holy place for both hindus and Buddhists where the lake is said to be created by great Lord Shiva by his holy Trident called Trishul as a result the lake and the Trishuli River is created in the region. This lake is mentioned in most of the ancient epics of hindu religion telling its existence since ages in the times of Gods. Gosaikuda Trekking is an assorted destination of Dhunche to helambu trekking, langtang region trekking and other trekking adventures that takes place in Lantang region of Nepal. The place is full of teahouses and lodges for travelers to rest and have meals along with snacks during their travel. Generally there are two routes to reach Gosaikunda Lake where both the routes are unique and wonderful due to their trekking nature.
The first route starts from the syabru besi of Dhunche village which can be reached by taking a vehicle ride from Kathmandu. The travelers stay at syabrubesi after their 7 hours travel on vechile and the next day starting from Dhunche they walk their way uphills to reach Chandan Bari at the height of 3200meters. The travelers have a good night rest at Chandan Bari for resting as the trekking should be slow for better acclimatization that helps to overcome altitude sickness as result the travelers may have to drop their trekking adventure returning home. The slow trekking is considered best during trekking in higher altitudes of 4000 meters above sea level which are said to be the most difficult place to human settle. The travelers can wander around for sightseeing or investigate the region during their stay for acclimatization. At Laurebinayak the travelers can enjoy the sunrise and sunsets along with perspectives of Mount Langtang and Mount Ganesh. The finally after overcoming altitude sickness the travelers can reach their destination of Gosaikunda Lake.
Day 01: Arrival Kathmandu
Day 02: Kathmandu to Syabrubesi 1430m. 137 km
Day 03: Syabrubesi to Kangjing
Day 04: Kangjing to Lama hotel 2470m
Day 05: Lama Hotel to Langtang
Day 06: Langtang to Kyanging Gompa 3920m
Day 07: Explore Kangjing Gompa Valley
Day 08: Trek to Lama Hotel
Day 09: Lama Hotel to Thulo Shyabru2200m
Day 10: Thulo Shyabru to Sing Gompa 3240m
Day 11: Sing Gompa to Gosainkunda 4381m
Day 12: Festival of DUDHKUNDA JATRA.
Day 13: Gosainkunda to Thade Pati 3490m
Day 14: Thade Pati to Tarke Gyang
Day 15: Tarke Gyang to Sermathang
Day 16: Sermathang to Melamchi Pool trek and drive to Kathmandu
Day 17: Free day Day 18:Departure.
- All arrival and departure transfer services to and from airports, both Domestic and International, with other necessary surface transport (by A/C Vehicles) as per itinerary.
- Assistance at the International Airport by Himalayan Alpine Adventure Trek representatives while arriving and departing.
- Six night accommodation in Kathmandu on B/B basis.
- 11 nights twin sharing accommodation at guest houses during the trek.
- One day sightseeing in Kathmandu (Swayambhunath, Pashupatinath, Boudhanath and Durbar Square).
- Local English speaking Tour Guide for sightseeing in Kathmandu.
- All necessary staff including experienced guide and porters during the trekking and climbing.
- Flight ticket for Kathmandu – Lukla – Kathmandu sector for all climbing members and staff.
- All trekking and camping equipment such as camp furniture, kitchenware, dining tent, guest tents, etc.
- 3 meals a day (Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner) with tea and coffee.
- Per person 60kg baggage allowance during trekking-up carried by porters or yak and 40kg baggage allowance while returning from base camp after climbing Mt Everest.
- Trekking permit and Sagarmatha National Park entry fee.
- Expedition Royalty and permit of Nepal Government to climb Mt Everest along South-east Ridge route.
- One experienced, trained, Government licensed, and 2 times Everest summiteer Climbing /Expedition Guide (Sherpa).
- All wages, equipment, medical and accident insurance for all staff involved in the trek and expedition.
- First aid medical kits for the group and staff.
- Satellite phone carried by Guide / Sherpa for communication and available for climbing members with the cost of US$.3 per unit call.
- Appropriate foods for high altitudes and all climbing crew at base camp and above as required.
- Emergency Oxygen mask and regulator provided on requirement of climber with appropriate charge.
- Each expedition member will have an individual tent available in the base camp.
- Solar panel for light and battery charger.
- All tents for camps 1, 2, 3, 4 and Khumbu Icefall charge.
- 4 Oxygen bottles (4l) with mask and regulator (if requested by client).
- Free assistance service for cargo clearance and duties.
- Company service charge and government taxes levied in Nepal.
- Complete pre-departure information, flight ticket reconfirmation and Visa extension procedure services (if necessary).
- Farewell Dinner in a typical Nepali restaurant.
- International air ticket and airport tax.
- Nepal Visa charge.
- Personal climbing equipment.
- Personal travel insurance.
- Items of personal nature, Laundry expenses, Tips.
- Lunch and dinner during your stay in Kathmandu (except for the farewell dinner).
- Expenses incurred towards usage of landlines, mobile, Walkie-talkies or satellite phone and internet expenses.
- Any extra expenses arising out of various /unforeseen situations such as natural calamities, landslide, political disturbances, strikes, changes in government regulation etc.
- Transportation is strictly as per the itinerary. Any extra distance travelled will be charged extra.
- Any additional staff other than specified.
- Rescue, Repatriation, Medicine, Medical test and hospitalization.
- Emergency evacuation and Helicopter rescue.
- Any extra services or products, offers or activities which are not mentioned in the itinerary.
0 Reviews on Gosaikuda Trekking