- Trekking Days:16
- Trip Grade:Moderate
- Max. Altitude:4300
- Min. Altitude:1335
- Walking per day:6hrs
- Accomodation :Tea houses
- Trek Nature:Trekking
- Best Season:Spring / Aumn / winter
- Group Size:2+
Helambu Trekking takes places in the upper high altitudes zones of Nepal in northeast of capital city of Kathmandu. The region of Helambu can be reached by vehicle by taking the route of Melamchi and is 30 kilometers away from Kathmandu in distance. Helambu region of 3650meters above sea level is occupied mostly by Tamang and Sherpa ethnic race that are originally the highland civilization of the nation with mixed culture and background of Tibetan race of nearby borders. This region provides the opportunity to experience the traditional highland village of Nepal.
Helambu is the city of traditional highland society of Sherpas and Tamangs originated from Hyolmo civilization. The most civilization in highlands of Nepal towards the borders of Tibet are the mixed cultural and religious society of Tibetan Buddhist due to their closeness to Tibet. The world Helambu has originated from the word Hyolmo. They are originally called yolmo people who natively reside in Helambu of Nepal, in Darjeeling and Sikkim of India and Bhutan. They have their own language called yolmo language which is similar to Tibetan but they are not the same. This place is famous for its special breed apples and antique artistic monasteries beside that it is the ancient Buddhist pilgrimage site.
The Helambu Trekking is a short trekking destination near to Kathmandu valley and is one of the most visited highland areas of langtang region. This region is unaffected by today’s urban civilization even though it is near to it especially the hyolmo civilization is still in its old customary tradition of highland people. The helambu region is the land of rhododendron forest, bamboo forest, pinewood and sal forest, fascinating waterfalls and snow capped Himalayas occupied by an one of the ancient tribe of Himalayan people. The Himalayan perspective lies at the borders of Tibet and still in the upper region the place is occupied by the Nepali of Tibetan origin and ethnicity.
Day 01: Arrive Kathmandu and transfer to the hotel
Day 02: Kathmandu full day City Tour with local guide
Day 03: Kathmandu – Syabrubesi five hours drive and overnight at hotel
Day 04: Trek to Lama Hotel, overnight at hotel
Day 05: Trek to Langtang, overnight at hotel
Day 06: Trek to Kyanging overnight at hotel
Day 07: Rest day or hike to Tsergo Ri 5100m and trek back to Kyanging.Overnight at hotel
Day 08: Trek back to Goda Tabela,overnight at hotel
Day 09: Trek to Thulo Shyabru and overnight at hotel
Day 10: Trek to Sing Gompa, overnight at hotel
Day 11: Trek to Gosainkunda (4300m) overnight at hotel
Day 12: Trek to Gopte Phedi, overnight at teahouse
Day 13: Trek to Gul Bhanjyang (2130m), overnight at hotel
Day 14: Trek to Chisapani (2194m), overnight at hotel
Day 15: Trek to Sundarijal and drive to Kathmandu.Overnight at hotel
Day 16: Fly back to home on international flight
- All arrival and departure transfer services to and from airports, both Domestic and International, with other necessary surface transport (by A/C Vehicles) as per itinerary.
- Assistance at the International Airport by Himalayan Alpine Adventure Trek representatives while arriving and departing.
- Six night accommodation in Kathmandu on B/B basis.
- 11 nights twin sharing accommodation at guest houses during the trek.
- One day sightseeing in Kathmandu (Swayambhunath, Pashupatinath, Boudhanath and Durbar Square).
- Local English speaking Tour Guide for sightseeing in Kathmandu.
- All necessary staff including experienced guide and porters during the trekking and climbing.
- Flight ticket for Kathmandu – Lukla – Kathmandu sector for all climbing members and staff.
- All trekking and camping equipment such as camp furniture, kitchenware, dining tent, guest tents, etc.
- 3 meals a day (Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner) with tea and coffee.
- Per person 60kg baggage allowance during trekking-up carried by porters or yak and 40kg baggage allowance while returning from base camp after climbing Mt Everest.
- Trekking permit and Sagarmatha National Park entry fee.
- Expedition Royalty and permit of Nepal Government to climb Mt Everest along South-east Ridge route.
- One experienced, trained, Government licensed, and 2 times Everest summiteer Climbing /Expedition Guide (Sherpa).
- All wages, equipment, medical and accident insurance for all staff involved in the trek and expedition.
- First aid medical kits for the group and staff.
- Satellite phone carried by Guide / Sherpa for communication and available for climbing members with the cost of US$.3 per unit call.
- Appropriate foods for high altitudes and all climbing crew at base camp and above as required.
- Emergency Oxygen mask and regulator provided on requirement of climber with appropriate charge.
- Each expedition member will have an individual tent available in the base camp.
- Solar panel for light and battery charger.
- All tents for camps 1, 2, 3, 4 and Khumbu Icefall charge.
- 4 Oxygen bottles (4l) with mask and regulator (if requested by client).
- Free assistance service for cargo clearance and duties.
- Company service charge and government taxes levied in Nepal.
- Complete pre-departure information, flight ticket reconfirmation and Visa extension procedure services (if necessary).
- Farewell Dinner in a typical Nepali restaurant.
- International air ticket and airport tax.
- Nepal Visa charge.
- Personal climbing equipment.
- Personal travel insurance.
- Items of personal nature, Laundry expenses, Tips.
- Lunch and dinner during your stay in Kathmandu (except for the farewell dinner).
- Expenses incurred towards usage of landlines, mobile, Walkie-talkies or satellite phone and internet expenses.
- Any extra expenses arising out of various /unforeseen situations such as natural calamities, landslide, political disturbances, strikes, changes in government regulation etc.
- Transportation is strictly as per the itinerary. Any extra distance travelled will be charged extra.
- Any additional staff other than specified.
- Rescue, Repatriation, Medicine, Medical test and hospitalization.
- Emergency evacuation and Helicopter rescue.
- Any extra services or products, offers or activities which are not mentioned in the itinerary.
0 Reviews on Helambu Trekking