Langtang Valley Trekking
- Trekking Days:10
- Trip Grade:Moderate
- Max. Altitude:5500
- Min. Altitude:1335
- Walking per day:5-6 hrs
- Accomodation :Hotel,Tea House
- Trek Nature:Trekking
- Best Season:Spring/Autumn / Winter
- Group Size:2+
Langtang Valley Trekking takes place in the nearest trekking destination of Kathmandu valley which is just a 7 hours bus ride from Kathmandu. This is a travel in the high altitudes of langtang valley near to the borders of Tibet and recently this region is a government protected zone and also falls under the World’s heritage site. This region is the settlements of ethnic tribes of Nepal like Tamangs, Newars and Sherpas living in highest altitudes of the nation and around the globe. This nearest trekking region has the similar highlands and cultural society as compared to other parts of Nepal.
The Langtang Himalayan region has the fascinating perspectives of mount Langtang Lirung, mount Langtang Ri, mount Dorje Lakpa, mount Loenpo Gang, mount Changbu, mount Yansa Tsenji, mount Kyunga Ri, mount Dogpache, mount Langshisha Ri, mount Gangchenpo, mount Morimoto, mount Tsogaka and mount Yala. The langtang region is encompassed with a handsome snowy south face of Langtang Lirung of 7227meters in the scene of lush mountains of shivapuri underneath it. Langtang Valley Trekking adventure take the travelers to the pilgrimage place of Hindus and Buddhist called the Gosainkunda, a high altitude lake of this region which is a clear water lake that forms one of the biggest rivers of the nation as Trishuli River. The travelers can climb up the high passes to views the landscapes of bordering Tibet crossing the highland meadows of langtang valley passing over tribal settlements of Sherpa and Tamang ethnicity. The travelers will encounter the forests of Rhododendrons, highland animals like mountain goat and yak, the enchanting nature of lush vegetations.
Langtang Valley Trekking takes place on the region of great Himalayan trails at the height of 5308meters known as Tilman pass which provides the landscape views of Tibet. The Langtang Valley Trekking adventure takes place in the region of special hidden valley of glaciers, highland meadows, antique monasteries, cheese factories, colorful woodlands of Rhododendrons and other natural wonders. The sherpas community at the langtang valley region are decedents of Hyalmo hence naming their city as Helambu. This is a land of traditional tribes, peaceful villages, and terraced fields along with pinewoods moving upward the langtang national park. The other adventures trekking found in this region is attempting the Gosainkunda along with 108 lakes assorted in this region.
Day 01: Arrival at Kathmandu airport (1345m)
There you will be met by our airport representative and transferred to the hotel by private tourist vehicle. Overnight at hotel.
Day 02:Trip briefing, sightseeing, last-minute preparation
You will meet your trekking guide, discuss the trekking programme and coordinate any last-minute arrangements. After a staff meeting, with your himaladventure professional tour guide we visit Pashupatinath, Boudhanath Stupa and Bhaktapur Durbar Square. The rest of the time you can use for travelling around Thamel and shopping for any needed equipment and other necessities. Overnight at hotel.
Day 03: Drive to Syabrubesi (1462m) by bus 8 hours
From Kathmandu, we take a 7/8 hour drive to Syabrubesi. There are buses daily – Kathmandu via Trishuli to Dhunche 1950m. From Trishuli to Syabrubesi is a rough road, occasionally blocked in the monsoon season. Overnight at guesthouse.
Day 04: Trek to Lama Hotel (2500m) 5 hours
Today the first part of the trail crosses through Bhote Koshi and follows the Langtang Khola. This trail gradually ascends up to Bamboo Pass, often through landslides. Afterwards, your trek ascends gently to Ramche (2400m) through Bamboo (1960m) which lies on the banks of Langtang Khola. You can have lunch at this place if you like and at the end your trail is level to the Lama Hotel. En route you could see red pandas, monkeys and bears if you are lucky. Overnight at guesthouse.
Day 05: Trek to Langtang Village (3307m) 5 hours
From Lama Hotel, we continue gently ascending above the Langtang Khola. As the trail progresses, it becomes steeper. From time to time we may have the most exotic sights of Langtang Lirung lying at 7246m. The trail leads to a log bridge and on climbing further we come across the lush meadows of Ghora Tabela at 2992m. We will see several lodges and a police checkpoint. Further on, the route opens up into a wide valley of yak pastures and scattered Tamang villages showcasing water-driven mills and prayer wheels. On descending for a while, after crossing a stream we arrive at Langtang village and reach the height 3430m. Langtang village is the headquarters for Langtang National Park and has flat-roofed Tibetan style houses, hotels and cultivated lands yielding buckwheat, potatoes, wheat, turnips, barley etc. Overnight at guesthouse.
Day 06:Trek to Kyanging Gompa (3798m) 4 hours
The trail skirts gradually through rich yak pastures and the interesting traditional village of Muna to Singdun. We cross a wooden cantilever bridge and reach a wide valley after climbing a moraine. Finally, on ascending the mountain passes we arrive at Kyanging Gompa. There is a small monastery and a government-operated cheese factory. Overnight at guesthouse.
Day 07: Trek to Lama Hotel (2500m) 6 hours
Morning visit around Kyanging Gompa and afternoon return to Lama Hotel.We take a route back to Lama Hotel retracing our trail following the Langtang Khola to Langtang village and on to Ghora Tabela. We stop briefly for lunch and thereafter continue the steep descent to Lama Hotel. Overnight at guesthouse.
Day 08: Trek to Syabrubesi
We hike back to Syabrubesi from Lama Hotel. We can walk along the rising and falling path leading to the village which provides us with the opportunity to get a closer look at the customs and culture of the Tamang ethnic group. Overnight at teahouse.
Day 09: Syabrubesi to Kathmandu
Drive back to Kathmandu which will take us around 8 hours.
Day 10: Final departure
Farewell and transfer to airport for final departure to destination country.
- All arrival and departure transfer services to and from airports, both Domestic and International, with other necessary surface transport (by A/C Vehicles) as per itinerary.
- Assistance at the International Airport by Himalayan Alpine Adventure Trek representatives while arriving and departing.
- Six night accommodation in Kathmandu on B/B basis.
- 11 nights twin sharing accommodation at guest houses during the trek.
- One day sightseeing in Kathmandu (Swayambhunath, Pashupatinath, Boudhanath and Durbar Square).
- Local English speaking Tour Guide for sightseeing in Kathmandu.
- All necessary staff including experienced guide and porters during the trekking and climbing.
- Flight ticket for Kathmandu – Lukla – Kathmandu sector for all climbing members and staff.
- All trekking and camping equipment such as camp furniture, kitchenware, dining tent, guest tents, etc.
- 3 meals a day (Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner) with tea and coffee.
- Per person 60kg baggage allowance during trekking-up carried by porters or yak and 40kg baggage allowance while returning from base camp after climbing Mt Everest.
- Trekking permit and Sagarmatha National Park entry fee.
- Expedition Royalty and permit of Nepal Government to climb Mt Everest along South-east Ridge route.
- One experienced, trained, Government licensed, and 2 times Everest summiteer Climbing /Expedition Guide (Sherpa).
- All wages, equipment, medical and accident insurance for all staff involved in the trek and expedition.
- First aid medical kits for the group and staff.
- Satellite phone carried by Guide / Sherpa for communication and available for climbing members with the cost of US$.3 per unit call.
- Appropriate foods for high altitudes and all climbing crew at base camp and above as required.
- Emergency Oxygen mask and regulator provided on requirement of climber with appropriate charge.
- Each expedition member will have an individual tent available in the base camp.
- Solar panel for light and battery charger.
- All tents for camps 1, 2, 3, 4 and Khumbu Icefall charge.
- 4 Oxygen bottles (4l) with mask and regulator (if requested by client).
- Free assistance service for cargo clearance and duties.
- Company service charge and government taxes levied in Nepal.
- Complete pre-departure information, flight ticket reconfirmation and Visa extension procedure services (if necessary).
- Farewell Dinner in a typical Nepali restaurant.
- International air ticket and airport tax.
- Nepal Visa charge.
- Personal climbing equipment.
- Personal travel insurance.
- Items of personal nature, Laundry expenses, Tips.
- Lunch and dinner during your stay in Kathmandu (except for the farewell dinner).
- Expenses incurred towards usage of landlines, mobile, Walkie-talkies or satellite phone and internet expenses.
- Any extra expenses arising out of various /unforeseen situations such as natural calamities, landslide, political disturbances, strikes, changes in government regulation etc.
- Transportation is strictly as per the itinerary. Any extra distance travelled will be charged extra.
- Any additional staff other than specified.
- Rescue, Repatriation, Medicine, Medical test and hospitalization.
- Emergency evacuation and Helicopter rescue.
- Any extra services or products, offers or activities which are not mentioned in the itinerary.
0 Reviews on Langtang Valley Trekking