Tilicho Lake Trekking
- Trekking Days:11
- Trip Grade:Strenuous
- Max. Altitude:5600
- Min. Altitude:1335
- Walking per day:6 hrs
- Accomodation :Hotel,Tea House
- Trek Nature:Trekking
- Best Season:spring/Autumn
- Group Size:2+
Tilicho Lake Trekking takes place in the Annapurna region of western Nepal travelling through remote villages of Manang generally acclaimed as assorted destinations of Annapurna Circuit trek. The Tillicho Lake is the highest altitude lake of the world standing proud at the height of 4919meters above level. This lake resides in a magnificent valley encompassed by wonderful snow crests of Mount Tilicho, Mount Nilgiri, Mount Khangsar and Mount Muktinath peak. Tilicho Lake Trekking generally take three to four days of walking through the Annapurna region and Manang region till the high altitude lake of Tilicho dominated by mount Tilicho. The new tea houses have been introduced and established between Manang region till the Tilicho Lake so there is no need of camp and scarcity of lodging and catering in this region. The final attempt to the lake is made from the lodge at Tilicho Base Camp. Beside Annapurna Circuit, a new route to Tilicho lake has been introduced and is becoming popular which requires only one night of camping as there are no teahouses or lodges ahead the Tilicho Base Camp for some kilometers on the eastern side of the lake until the next village Thini gaon of Kali Gandaki Valley. The travelers rest beside highest lake of the world and experience the beautiful scenery around it and further investigate the region.
The most aware travelers spend two nights to stop the confusion of walking in nights and camping in abandon hills. On their way towards Thini Gaon the travelers reach two passes Mesokanto La and Tilicho North Pass also called ast Tilicho Tourist Pass. In the year 2000 a Russian diving team incorporated of Maxim Gresko, Denis Bakin and Andrei Andryushin carry out a scuba dive in the lake of Tilicho which was considered as the one of the highest altitude scuba dive activity ever done. The Tilicho lake has a religious importance among hindus too as it is mentioned in the holy book of Ramanaya mentioning that the Tilicho lake likes in the Annapurna Range of Western Central Nepal. This lake is 4-km long and 1-km wide lying on the foothills of Tilicho Himalayan summit. This place is the residing location of mountain goat called as the Himalayan Thar and snow leopard which are the solitary species of animal found only in Himalayan region around the world. The another way to getting in to the highest altitude lake of the world is by taking a ride from Kathmandu to Besi Shar of western Nepal and they trek along the Marshyandi River accompanied by wonderful views of Mt. Manaslu and Mt. Himchuli in the east. The travelers follow the Annapurna circuit trail until they reach Manang region and then move towards the main valley to the west passing via the Khanshar village which is the last village of the route and travel till they reach Tilicho Lake.
- All arrival and departure transfer services to and from airports, both Domestic and International, with other necessary surface transport (by A/C Vehicles) as per itinerary.
- Assistance at the International Airport by Himalayan Alpine Adventure Trek representatives while arriving and departing.
- Six night accommodation in Kathmandu on B/B basis.
- 11 nights twin sharing accommodation at guest houses during the trek.
- One day sightseeing in Kathmandu (Swayambhunath, Pashupatinath, Boudhanath and Durbar Square).
- Local English speaking Tour Guide for sightseeing in Kathmandu.
- All necessary staff including experienced guide and porters during the trekking and climbing.
- Flight ticket for Kathmandu – Lukla – Kathmandu sector for all climbing members and staff.
- All trekking and camping equipment such as camp furniture, kitchenware, dining tent, guest tents, etc.
- 3 meals a day (Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner) with tea and coffee.
- Per person 60kg baggage allowance during trekking-up carried by porters or yak and 40kg baggage allowance while returning from base camp after climbing Mt Everest.
- Trekking permit and Sagarmatha National Park entry fee.
- Expedition Royalty and permit of Nepal Government to climb Mt Everest along South-east Ridge route.
- One experienced, trained, Government licensed, and 2 times Everest summiteer Climbing /Expedition Guide (Sherpa).
- All wages, equipment, medical and accident insurance for all staff involved in the trek and expedition.
- First aid medical kits for the group and staff.
- Satellite phone carried by Guide / Sherpa for communication and available for climbing members with the cost of US$.3 per unit call.
- Appropriate foods for high altitudes and all climbing crew at base camp and above as required.
- Emergency Oxygen mask and regulator provided on requirement of climber with appropriate charge.
- Each expedition member will have an individual tent available in the base camp.
- Solar panel for light and battery charger.
- All tents for camps 1, 2, 3, 4 and Khumbu Icefall charge.
- 4 Oxygen bottles (4l) with mask and regulator (if requested by client).
- Free assistance service for cargo clearance and duties.
- Company service charge and government taxes levied in Nepal.
- Complete pre-departure information, flight ticket reconfirmation and Visa extension procedure services (if necessary).
- Farewell Dinner in a typical Nepali restaurant.
- International air ticket and airport tax.
- Nepal Visa charge.
- Personal climbing equipment.
- Personal travel insurance.
- Items of personal nature, Laundry expenses, Tips.
- Lunch and dinner during your stay in Kathmandu (except for the farewell dinner).
- Expenses incurred towards usage of landlines, mobile, Walkie-talkies or satellite phone and internet expenses.
- Any extra expenses arising out of various /unforeseen situations such as natural calamities, landslide, political disturbances, strikes, changes in government regulation etc.
- Transportation is strictly as per the itinerary. Any extra distance travelled will be charged extra.
- Any additional staff other than specified.
- Rescue, Repatriation, Medicine, Medical test and hospitalization.
- Emergency evacuation and Helicopter rescue.
- Any extra services or products, offers or activities which are not mentioned in the itinerary.
0 Reviews on Tilicho Lake Trekking